cluster mission statement
"Yarra Ranges Kindergartens Inc is dedicated to providing quality, affordable preschool services".
We are community run and locally managed ensuring that the individual flavour of each our preschools is maintained. Our preschools regularly seek feedback from their local communities to ensure that the service offered at each centre meets that community’s needs.
- to provide accessible services in an environment which promotes the safe care, sound physical health, social and emotional wellbeing of all children attending the services
- to provide a developmentally appropriate planned program to meet the individual needs of all children attending the services
- to develop and implement policies consistent with legislative funding requirements and industry best practice
- to provide a flexible model of service delivery that is responsive to the needs of the local community and is culturally relevant and gender inclusive.
- to provide programs that include children with special needs and/or a non-English speaking background
- to promote parent/guardian participation in the management of the services and in addressing issues relating to their children's care and development
- to operate the services with sound management, consistent with legislative and industrial requirements
- to pursue common goals through open communication and attitudes of Committee work between management, staff, families and the community
- to recognise the contribution of staff and actively promote professional development
- to promote effective parenting
- to provide a coordinated approach that encourages cooperation between existing and proposed services