Each centre of Yarra Ranges Kindergartens Inc. operates kindergarten programs designed and implemented by qualified early childhood educators.
The basis of every preschool program is the interests and abilities of every child individually and as a group.
These programs are built on the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework. This framework consists of five learning outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Children learn at different rates, in different ways and at different times. Their development is not always easy or straightforward. For some children and families, learning and development involves considerable struggle and requires much perseverance’ – taken from the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.